Saturday, June 11, 2005

Crazy nights

Working on the night shift, although one of my favorites (because my bosses aren't here to mess everything up), is not agreeing with me tonight. Yick! I didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped during the day and I am starting to run low on fuel... halfway through my shift! I was trying to work on my manuscript a little, hoping it would perk me up and get my mind in hyperdrive (like it usually does), but tonight I just seem to be dragging and can't really get into my characters heads.... I think they are sleeping, like every other sane person on the planet. Not that I ever claimed to be sane ;)

I haven't gotten much done in the last couple of weeks, to my utter frustration, because work has been crazy. I'd love to be able to set aside the same time everyday to just sit down and concentrate on my story, but I work a revolving shift that changes every week. By the time I am finally getting my body used to one shift, it is time to move on to another. I guess I'll find a pattern sooner or later. But, when I get started most times, I am able to get a lot written. Maybe I'm just in a rut at the moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruts happen to everyone. Just don't let it get your down for long!

12:10 PM, June 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home