Sunday, October 02, 2005

Morning all.

Well, it is before 9am on a weekend and I am awake. I think that there should be a law against this. Actually, I started waking up at about 6am. But when I looked at the clock, after saying that this was insane, I rolled over and forced myself back to sleep. A major downfall from getting up at unGodly hours every other morning of the week.

We lost another recruit this week. She was horsing around in the swimming pool with some guys in the other half of our class and smacked her head off of the bottom of the pool. She had to be rushed to the hospital 2 nights in a row over it (Remind me never to go to that hospital, they are idiots... They sent her home the 1st night and she wasn't able to WALK on her own!). She has a concussion. She'll be able to restart her training when she is medically cleared, but she has to start over from scratch. And, the next class doesn't start until the end of January. So we are now down to 19 in our class.

The girl who was sent home (M) was good friends with another girl in my class (J). And, now that she was sent home, J is calling me to do stuff all the time. Which is fine, but she's trying to replace M with me. M used to let her dress her up and do her makeup when they went out at night. Now, J is trying to do that to me. Hell NO! Last time I checked, I wasn't a Barbie doll. And, I have no intention to be! She walked into my room Friday night and said "oh no, you can't wear those shoes with that outfit." I don't do the fashion thing. At home, I threw on whatever fell out of my closet first. Since I don't have a closet here, I put on whatever pops out of my dresser first. I don't like being anyone's replacement. And, J has a problem being by herself. She needs to be around people all of the time... she needs constant attention when she is with those people. Me, I am more than happy in a room all by myself. I could go days without seeing most people. If she thinks I'm going to spend every waking moment with her, she's sorely mistaken. I would go NUTS!... ok, I'm already nuts, but that is beside the point.

Yesterday, I went to the bookstore down here to pick up a couple of books that were to be released this month.... For as big as this bookstore is, they didn't have half of the books I was looking for, but they did have The Night Before Christmas, a book written by Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, Jill Shalvis, Kathy Love, Katherine Garbera and Kylie Adams. Before I went to bed last night, I picked it up. And was hooked. I read Lori Foster's story "White Knight Christmas," "Snowed Under" by Erin McCarthy, and "Ms. Humbug" by Jill Shalvis. They are all great stories. In fact, I can't wait to finish this update, so I can get back to the book and read the other 3 stories. I highly recommend that you go out and buy it if you haven't already! It's great for me since I don't really have a lot of time to read. I could pick one story and read it, rather than try to read a whole book.... at least that was the plan, 'til I got sucked in and couldn't put it down.

OK, now that I talked about the book, my fingers are itching to pick it up, so I'm gonna sign off now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home