Monday, January 22, 2007

The 3rd one hit.

Yep, that's right. Bad things happen in threes and we had the first 2 already. Today, the 3rd one finally hit. We were all really excited, because my younger cousin's heart surgery went better than anyone had been expecting. We thought we'd avoided it. We were wrong. Although, today's incident is because of the guy's own stupidity. One of the guys I work with, the youngest of us all was working at a job site on his own today (something he does often). There were a ton of people there working on it, but he was the only one from our company.

Now, I guess I should set this up a little. It has been raining/snowing for the past 5 days. At my house, I haven't shoveled because there is an inch of ice beneath the snow. Then there is a kind of crust on top of the snow (which is only a couple inches deep, not the 12-18 inches that the weather guys were calling for... the dolts). Anyway, are any of you dumb enough to think it is a good idea to got ON TOP OF A ROOF in these conditions? Well, he was. He was educated at the same high school I went to, so I guess he does have somewhat of an excuse, sort of (i.e., my high school didn't pop out any geniuses. Hell, they didn't pop out many with a IQ higher than 3). Obviously, the guy fell off the roof. Broke his arm and needed a bunch of stitches in his head. He'll be off work for a while. So, Dad's in Maui (having a blast), this guy's incapacitated for a couple of weeks, I'm going on vacation next week (THANK THE LORD!!!!), and I am still sick now, so not a lot of help at work at the moment. Basically, we have the other owner (who only really does the paperwork. We don't allow him near tools, because he always hurts himself.... I'm seeing a pattern here), the service guy (who usually hurts himself, though not as often) and me. And, we have LOTS to do, 'cause we are starting to fall behind in a couple of jobs. Dad wasn't able to do a whole lot before he left 'cause of his back. We had a bunch of jobs that we were waaay ahead of schedule on, but that started to even out with Dad hurt. Now, with only 2 of us really working and a bunch of different jobs going on, it's going to be crazy! I better start feeling better really fast!

I was able to work all day today. I should have come home right after I turned in my timesheet for last week, but I said I'd try to work as long as I could. At 10am, I was really ready to come home, but we got the call that the boss was at the hospital with the guy who fell off the roof. That was the end of that. I managed to pull off working the rest of the day, barely. And, it doesn't look like I'm gonna get any opportunity to rest the rest of the week. *whimpers* My body is aching more, just at the thought of it.

Well, I'm gonna go ccatch as many zzz's as I can. Lord knows, I'm never gonna be able to keep any dinner down, so why even attempt it. The bed is calling me and it is there I am going. Night all. Hope you NEVER get whatever the hell it is that I have. 'Cause this is some nasty stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home