Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What a day...

It's been a long one and I only worked for 7 hours. My dad hurt his back last night and couldn't do a whole lot today... which left me with most of the work. This included carrying a 50 gallon waterheater around a back hoe and over a crapload of boulders all by myself. At least, I didn't give myself a hernia. The owner of the house we were working on is a moron. Among the many other reasons I have for saying this is the fact that he parked the backhoe right in front of the garage door. This is a vacation home/hunting cabin for this guy. IT HAS AN ELEVATOR! Not only is it the ugliest house I have ever been privileged to work in, it is the most expensive (residential house that is). The cost is over a million dollars. He's trying to be his own contractor (yet, doesn't know the foggiest thing about construction). And, nothing is the same as the blueprints, yet he wants us to give him an accurate drawing of what we are doing BEFORE we do it.... on the BLUEPRINTS. The house isn't even the same shape in actuality as it is on the blueprints. I am just thanking the Lord that we are almost done there. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to work on the WIP last night. There wasn't a moment that I had time to do it. I am going to try to spend some time on it tonight, but it is not looking good so far. There is a lot to do around the house. My mom is running herself ragged, because my grandfather had a stroke last week and is now suffering from expressive ephasia... he can't read anymore and doesn't know what numbers mean or what to do with them. His speech has also been affected. Luckily, he can still move around well. So I'm making all the dinners and doing all of the cleaning and laundry myself, especially with my dad not being able to move real well. So, things are pretty crazy. I plan to emerse myself in the WIP over the weekend. Although, I'll probably be at my grandfather's watching him, so that may not happen. He can't be left alone anymore because if he needed help, he wouldn't be able to call anyone, so we are all tag teaming with staying overnight at his house and spending the day with him. He has been napping lately though, so maybe I can sneak in a couple of hours of writing then.

Well, I'm off to switch loads in the washer and start dinner. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home