Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not quite so long this time...

Didn't take quite so long for me to write again this time. I don't like going so long without updating, but when my head is where it is at the moment, no one wants to read what I'd write. I just need to get out of this funk I'm in.

The mentor program was a success again this year. I only have 3 girls this year, vs the 5 I had the last time I mentored. The keynote speaker was a formerly local woman who wrote the book A letter to Mrs. Roosevelt. She was a wonderful speaker and I really wanted to pick up the WIP as soon as I got home and start writing. Unfortunately, I got a letter the moment I returned to the house.... a $4500+ bill from my knee surgery that was supposed to be cover by the Secret Service LAST YEAR!!!!!!! They still haven't paid the hospital. That began a 3 day long migraine. And, ended my attempt to write again.

I'm still at home obviously, still working hard with my dad, but wanting to get the hell out of here. I just need to get out on my own. It has been a year now and my frustration is only increasing. Obviously, this is not helping my funk.

I've been doing a lot of reading, trying to keep my mind occupied and away from negative thoughts. Which is what I'm about to go and do now. Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home