Saturday, September 09, 2006

A busy day

Well unfortunately, I haven't done much on the WIP since I last wrote. Although I did get a little done. I didn't really have much time to work on in between work and other stuff going on. A late working day on Thursday, plus a little time snuck in there to read Patti's book ;) Another long day Friday and then going to hear my dad sing last night pretty much took up all of the day. By the time I got home, I had a massive migraine and there was no way to write at 2am with a migraine... at least not coherantly.

This morning, I had a list of things I wanted to do today, so before I moved out of bed, I allowed myself to read 1 more chapter in Ravyn's Flight. A most excellent book I must say!!!!! Anyhow, I then got ready to go out and clean my truck. And I mean CLEAN my truck. Inside and out, was hosed down (thank God for easy wash flooring inside). I completely detailed it. It simply sparkles now!!! And, I love my pretty truck, but there is an issue I have with the running boards. Since it was sitting in the flood water in GA last year, the running boards had really started to rust badly. So, I hopped in my pretty truck and ran down to the hardware store. When I came home, I was raring to go. With my wirebrush, putty knife and sandpaper in hand, I smoothed out the rough spots and ground down the really bad areas. Then out came the paint and paintbrushes. I changed the color of the running boards, but I think it looks even better now. I went from flat grey to glossy black. It contrasts really well with the red metallic finish on the body of the truck. I just put my second coat on and finished cleaning up. If I was smart, I would have waited until after scouring the running boards to wash the outside of my truck, since there are now all kind of dust around the bottom of the doors, but I figure that after the paint is all dry tomorrow, I can hose off the dust and actually put the wax on that I haven't yet applied.... I knew there was a reason I waited to wax it :P

Since I only have a couple more chapters of Patti's book to read, I'll probably finish that first, before I go back to the WIP, but I also plan to stay up pretty late tonight, so that I can get some work done on the WIP. I think I have sort of been putting it off because I just switched POV to the hero and he doesn't seem to be talking to me yet. At least, not since the writer's block began. The heroine's came back pretty quickly, but he's being more stubborn. I may have to beat him into submission tonight. ;)

Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home