Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It was another long, short day.

Yep. I was finished working by around 3pm, but it felt like I worked until midnight. I really just want one good night's sleep. Just one, that's all I'm asking for. I had to get up really early on Saturday to "babysit" my grandfather, while my mom went to praise band practice at church. Which was fine. As long as I got to sleep in on Sunday. I asked my dad (because he was going to go to my grandfather's early Sunday, so my mom could go to church), to please either take his cell phone with him or turn it off. See, he leaves it on the kitchen counter and it never fails his one buddy always calls him to go golfing at ungodly hours of the morning. Rain or shine, sleet or snow, Jack always calls. AND WAKES ME UP! Did he take his cell phone? No. Did he turn it off? No. So once again, I get woken up and can't get back to sleep. And, he thinks it's hilarious. Seriously, is it so much to ask? I'd like to say that this weekend will be different because they'll be away, but it won't. Saturday, I will be at my grandfather's from very early Saturday morning until sometime in the evening. So Saturday is out for sleeping in. I told my dad if he didn't take his phone with him, I was going to shut it off and bury it in the woods behind the house. I plan to turn their house phone off. I may even duct tape the beagle's mouth shut... nah, I wouldn't go that far, would I? ;)

Anyway, I am torturing myself once again. I've begun Shards of Crimson, the Crimson City Anthology that Patti O'Shea has written one of the novellas. It's the very last one in the book and I am very anxious to get to it. But, as I did with Patti's last book, I only allow myself to read some, after I have written in the WIP. So, I am hoping to really get moving in the WIP. I've been able to write bits and pieces here and there, but no major additions lately. No more than a couple of pages in a sitting. I used to write 20+ pages easily. But, at least I am slowly coming out of the writing rut that I was in. I actually had a couple of scenes pop into my head while I was working today, so I am hoping to get those down... the problem is that there are a few pages I need to write before getting to that part of the story. But, my characters are starting to talk to me more and more, so I'm hoping that moves the writing on a little faster.

My parent's are leaving tomorrow to head out to Hawaii. They are both really excited. They get to leave, just as the snow starts really flying. Must be nice. Too bad I couldn't afford to send myself, too. They'll be snorkeling and I'll be shoveling. Doesn't exactly sound fair to me. But, I do get to go on vacation the following week. YEAH! A week in the mountains in WV. Yeah, not the most glamorous place to go. But the cabin is so relaxing. No phone service, no traffic. No parents, no beagle. I'll be in heaven! I am waaay too excited for this. Uninterupted time to work the WIP (my goal is to finish it while I'm there). Lots of time to read. AND, lots of time to take NAPS!!!!!!! It couldn't come at a better time.... well, it would be nice to go there now, but I'll survive.

Hope ya'll are having a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home