Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Day 1 as the Boss

Today was hectic. A job that was supposed to take maybe a couple hours ended up taking all day, so we got nothing else done. So, the rest of the stuff from today gets pushed to tomorrow, to add to all of the stuff scheduled for then. The only problem, we have nothing scheduled for Friday, but I can't put off any of these calls until then. I spent the last 45 minutes of work, working on the schedule for tomorrow. What is really irritating, is that a big project we have been working on for over a year (a HUGE remodel and addition) has been nipping at our heels to get stuff done, yet when we need them to do something SO THAT WE CAN WORK, it takes 6 weeks to get done. The only thing I have for the helper to do is work at that place, but he doesn't have anything to do until the contractors get their shit done. Can I go down there and smack the foreman? I really, really wanna. He's not a nice guy to begin with (he wouldn't lower himself to speak to a girl).

Well, it's non-stop running for me today. I get to go and make dinner now, then it's time to run some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home