Monday, January 08, 2007

OH NO! Monday again!!

UHHH! The weekend was WAAAAY too short! Dad finally went to the hospital on Saturday after not being able to stand at all. Turned out that he sprained his back. Not as serious as I was thinking. I thought he slipped a disk or something. But, he's still not moving around too well, which leaves all the heavy lifting to me. It sucks. We have a coal furnace in my house. Why? Don't ask me. I hate the damn thing. But, since Dad can't do it, I get to haul in bucket after bucket of coal each and everyday as well as hauling out bucket after bucket of ashes. And, I never quite realized how heavy his music equipment is. He usually carries most of it. Not this weekend though. My back is sore today from all the lifting over the weekend. The knee isn't so happy with me either. Apparently for the new year, the whole family is going to be gimpy.

I do have some good news to report though! I did some writing this weekend! YAY ME! Not a ton of writing, but my hero is reluctantly speaking to me again, so it is looking up. I was at my grandfather's over the weekend and planned to write.... I took my laptop and everything.... but there isn't a 3 pronged plug anywhere in that house! And, I didn't have an adapter with me. So that was a bust but, I read through most of the WIP yesterday, making a few edits along the way and manages to write a couple of pages after that. I'm hoping to get some more time on it tonight.... but the furnace has to come first.... it's cold out there today, so I guess I should go and haul in some coal.

Hope ya'll are having a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home