Sunday, June 19, 2005

Opinions needed

I am trying to work on a 2 line synopsis of my manuscript to see if it will make the reader want to read the whole story to find out the answers to the questions it brings to mind. I eventually want to use it when I finish my manuscript and begin sending out query letters to agents and publishers to get some interest. I've had these lines running through my head the last couple of days, so I wanted to write them down and get some opinions on them. Here goes...


After disappearing 7 years ago, Emily is back, but the danger she thought she left behind must have followed her. Now, just when Jeremy forgives her for disappearing without a trace, she vanishes once again.


Somehow, it sounded better in my head. I think I have reworded it in my head too many times and now it's all jumbled together, 'cause it seems awkwardly worded to me now. But, it's a start. Does this grab your attention? Make you want to see what the whole story is? I need some opinions. Let me know what you think, what I might need to change. And I will be happy to answer any of your curiosities that pertain to the actual story... 'cause I am sure I could use some opinions on certain aspects of the story and whether or not they work together. Thank you in advance for any and all opinions.... I can't wait to hear from you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got a great start!

10:48 AM, June 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home