Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yeah ME!

I did it! 3 hours... actually a little more than 3 hours of working on the story. I managed to get 3 pages done in that time.... pretty good for working on BBL, but the best part is that I don't have a migraine. I felt it starting toward the end, so I'm glad the 3 hours was up when it was. The story is progressing. I don't think it'll be the 200+ pages that my dad is hoping for, more like 60 if I am lucky, but I tried. Hopefully if he doesn't like how short it is, he'll have time before the CD release to find someone who can write it how he wants it. I don't think I am cropping any of the scenes. I feel like I am writing them as long as I can without the scenes sounding redundant. Without them being my characters, I am following his outline and there isn't much I can stray from it, 'cause I don't know who these characters are. I still don't have a song list for the CD, so that is making it hard too, 'cause I am trying to incorporate pieces of the songs into the story.

Anyway, enough of me droning on about the difficulties of writing this. I am just proud of myself for working on it when I didn't finish the book I was reading last night. With only 2 chapters left, I was very tempted to keep reading and put off the writing, but I didn't. I stated that I would work for 3 hours on the story, and work on it I did. Yeah ME!

OK, enough discipline for tonight. I am off to finish reading my book! My goal for tomorrow.... let's see, at least 2 hours of writing, and I'll allow some reading AFTER those 2 hours. That's all after ripping out an old boiler and installing a new one. My butt is gonna be dragging tomorrow night, but I am determined to finish BBL, so I can work on LU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home