Friday, June 30, 2006

Still not much to talk about

I've been working all week. I had a lot more paperwork to do because my dad's business partner was out of town, and since my dad hates doing paperwork, I got to do it all. I put in a furnace and air conditioner all by myself this week and went on a call to fix a broken drain line. I'm usually not sent to do jobs on my own, since I'm not yet certified (even though I've been doing this for 6 years... I hope to be able to take the test in the next couple of months). But, that was all that happened this week.

Dad is playing tonight and tomorrow night, so at least I'll be getting out of the house for a few hours this weekend. I did kind of get asked out for this weekend, but I turned him down. My brother's best friend, NoHawk has been trying to set me up with this guy. It's a co-worker of his. First off, I've met him a few times and had no interest in him. He seems like a nice guy, but he's shy. I'm incredibly shy. Put us together and you are looking at one long awkward silence. NoHawk gave him my AIM screenname and I've talked to him a couple times a week for the last 3 months. Honestly, I have no interest. I've tried to be as nice as possible when turning him down; he is a nice guy. We have virtually nothing in common. He's a couple of years younger than me in age. In mental age, we are decades apart. He talks non-stop about NoHawk and work, when he is not commentating about tying a fly fishing hook on to a line (literally a 20 minute commentary... OVER AIM!!!!). It's not like I have guys lining up around the block to ask me out (understatement of the year), but I don't want to go out with someone just because I don't have anyone else to go out with. That's not fair to him.

Anyway, hope ya'll have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home