Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Not Yet..

I'm sure ya'll are SOOOO disappointed, but I won't be posting the first few pages of my WIP today... maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow. But, I just saw that there is a movie coming out with the same title as what I had in mind for my WIP. Grrr. I don't know if that would have to change once I would get it published. Hell, who knows if it'll be any good and someone would want to publish it. The titles are the same but different though. The movie is "Lucky You." My WIP is "Lucky U." It's the name of the family ranch of the hero.

But, we have some GREAT news. I finally got a call that the Secret Service is finally going to pay for my knee surgery. Let's see, I was initially hurt in September, really hurt in October and under the knife in December. Any way you look at it, it is 6+ months since the situation occurred. I've been paying bills since February and my insurance company has been hounding me, because they want reimbursed because it was filed under a workman's comp claim. It has been a royal pain in the ass trying to get them to look at my case. Thankfully a really wonderful woman, named Carol, in the Employee benefits division of the Secret Service has been helping me throughout the past few months. I'm sure she was plenty tired of hearing my voice on the other end of the phone every couple weeks, but finally it has all worked out!!!

I got in 8 hours today and looks like I'll be working tomorrow too. I even managed to get a little sun on my arms. That'll happen when you are digging a ditch in the sweltering heat and bistering sun. I'm even drinking some water now. And, anybody who has ever been around me knows I hate water and NEVER, EVER drink it. BLECH!!!!

Dad is playing tonight, but I'm not sure if I am going to go. I'm getting really tired of sitting in the bar all by myself the whole time. But, either way, I need a shower, so see ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home