Monday, May 29, 2006

Good news abounds!!!

Well, sort of. At least there is some better potential than before.

First is that I get to work tomorrow!!! Yeah! It also looks like I'll be busy most of the week working. Which is a load off of my mind.

Then, I've been wanting to work on my WIP a lot lately, but can't seem to motivate myself to work on it. My mind just hasn't been in the right place for writing lately. But, I picked it up a little today. It looks like I may be close to moving past this difficult part of the story. I just haven't been able to figure out how to get out of this particular scene. I know, in general, what the next few scenes will be... so what I should probably do is just skip this part and come back to it later, but it will irritate me if I do that. I like to have a solid place to start from.

I'm also debating. I thought about posting a couple of the first pages on my WIP here, just to get a little feedback. See if the first few pages makes anyone want to read more, ya know? But, I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading it. I may do it anyway, just to see if I get any opinions. I think that first few pages are pretty strong, but I would like to hear some feedback from someone else. Check back tomorrow and you may see it ;) And, I welcome any critiques, good or bad.


I also put in another application yesterday. This one is out in Denver, CO. Kind of a far distance, like 3/4 of the way across the country, but it would be a neat place to start. There was another opening in Hawaii. I could like working there, but it would probably cost an arm and a leg to get my truck over there, and I would be hard pressed to survive without my precious truck. I love my truck! That and the pay vs the cost of living, is basically I would be living in a box. And, the box would be in the middle of town, no where near the beach. It's pretty sad when you couldn't afford to put your cardboard box on the beach.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, and what sleep I get isn't restful, 'cause I've been having really weird dreams. Well, I'm still not sleeping, and still having weird dreams when I do, but something did change. The character in the dream. I got rid of one REALLY bad character, and replaced it with another. This one is no where near as harmful to my mental health, but I still don't want that character in there. One character is the king of all jackasses; the other might as well be on Pluto. I would really love to get some restful sleep.... someday.

In wonderful news that doesn't involve me at all, my cousin just got engaged. Her fiance is a wonderful guy. I'm really happy for her. He proposed during a walk on the beach in NC, where they are on vacation. They've been together for a few years now. So a HUGE Congrats to them. I think that she picked a winner. And, he certainly picked a great girl. Here's to hoping for a HEA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home