Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Slightly better weekend... but it's a new week, right?

All except for a few brain pounding, hair pulling, eye twitching moments, my weekend went much better than the week did. I'm thankfully on a new shift now, 4-12, so I only have to see my boss about an hour before he is gone for the remainder of the night (YEAH!!!!). I came awfully close to turning in my badge and tie numerous times last week, but this week IS going to be better. *on knees praying that is true* Although, being back at work is probably still not the best place for me to be at the moment.... some incidents are still lingering there to raise my blood pressure and temperature.

Didn't get any work done on my book, 'cause I was afraid that if I hit a rough spot where I couldn't think of anything, I'd snap and do serious, irreversable damage to my laptop, and I can't afford a new one. I think I made a truly safe decision by doing that. A weekend of simply vegging out, watching DVDs and listening to music and reading some from my TBR pile was the best thing for me.... and I did a good job if I do say so myself.

I would have liked to go outside and work myself into exhaustion and work out all of the aggression, slamming the basketball against the backboard, or pounding the pavement (stuff I should be doing but don't as regularly as I should), but it was just too damn hot here. A/C was the only way to survive this weekend.

Well, here's to hoping I survive this week, I am off to actually get some work done. Hope ya'll are having a good week so far yourselves.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sometimes you need a mental health day, or a whole mental health weekend. You should be ready to write after that! I'm planning to take a mental health weekend myself.... :)

4:54 PM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Jillian Beane said...

sometimes, I feel like I need a mental health MONTH!

2:04 PM, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home