Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Still reading....

Well, I know I haven't blogged in a couple days, but seriously, blame the authors who keep me entertained more than my own writing. I've not only not blogged, but I haven't even turned on my computer to work on my own WIPs. Damnit! And, I'm about to get sucked into another book! I read 3 and a half books on Sunday, and 1 and a half last night. I've already finished one today and am preparing to start another (no work today:( ). I really can't afford to not work, but what can you do when there isn't any work for you?

Anyway, enough on my money issues, back to something good! Although one good thing about not being able to afford new stuff, it makes you read from the TBR pile that has been taking over your books shelves for the better part of a year. I was going to say put a 'dent in' but it would take years of reading a few books a day to put a dent in my TBR pile. Some are still packed in boxes (try 3 large boxes) and 3 full shelves (each 3 books deep). To say I have my work cut out for me is an understatement.

Reading Patti's book, Through a Crimson Veil, kick started me. I FINALLY finished the first book in the series, Crimson City, after many, many months of trying. I locked myself in my room and refused to answer the phone or anything until it was finished. Then I went back to the Night Tales series by Nora Roberts. Books 3, 4, 5 and 6, done. Loved the books. Book 6 was a little different. It was written before the others (1985 vs. 1990-2000) and took place in a different place, obviously with no connection to the chacters in the first 5 books. I had fallen in love with the other characters and was a little dissapointed with the lack of their appearance, but it was a good story none the less. I knew to not expect them in the story, but I missed seeing them. McKettrick's Choice was another great book. Patti, Nora Roberts and Linda Lael Miller each have a number of books in my 10 top list. Not much room for many others, although there are a couple others in there. They are the writers that I rush out when a new book is coming out. I don't have to know what the storyline is (though I usually do, 'cause I can't wait until it is coming out to find out the storyline), I just buy the book because they wrote it. I haven't been disappointed yet. They are the authors that rarely make it to the TBR pile. I usually read their books the moment I receive them.

Well, enough of my writing. Time to get back to the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home