Monday, February 27, 2006

Yeah!!! Internet is back!!!

I've been gone a couple days because a giant tree fell down the road from my house and knocked out the phone and cable lines. No internet and no TV. What is a girl to do? I couldn't work on BBL at all because my mom was on my laptop all weekend long working with her Israel pictures. I didn't work on it Friday either. Peanut and I spent ALL day playing games. We played Mario Party on Gamecube for like 8 hours or something. I had a blast! I want that game now!!! Then, we played Age of Mythology on my laptop, but we were too busy having fun to open up BBL and do work.

But, it looks like I need to get busy with it because Dad was online late last night (when the phones FINALLY came back on) and started looking up information on self publishing, which is the avenue that he is pursuing for this book. Little does he know, this could very well end up being only 20 pages. I'm only on page 15, and I am pretty far through this outline. And, it has taken me forever to get those 15 pages. I'm worried now about disappointing my dad at this point. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around these characters and get them to help me write this story. I don't know how else to do it. When I try to force it, it comes out sounding forced in my writing, as evidence in my earlier stories that I wrote in college (VERY, VERY BAD).

I've ended my reading marathon. I started a book Thursday night and it sits, unfinished on the nightstand. I spent Saturday and Sunday watching DVDs. Today, with only 4 hours of work, I came home and sewn patches on some of my jeans that were really badly torn up, so that I'll be able to use them as work jeans without showing everyone my ass.

In not so happy news, my application to my #1 choice agency was declined :( I still have one out there and I plan to contact a private company today to see if they are hiring. Which is what I am off to do now. Here goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I want the age of mythology game!!!! I WANT MY HYDRAS BACK! :-(

5:42 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Jillian Beane said...

I was playin' with the Hydras last night! HAHAHA!!! I've got an idea about that game. Call me before you go out and buy it.

4:58 PM, February 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-( I miss my eight-headed babies! hehehe

4:36 PM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home